Your Housing Solutions Officer will consider the following duties:
- Section 62 Duty to assess your housing need – This assessment will confirm if you are eligible and homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days. The assessment considers the cause of homelessness, any support needs you or a family member have and the outcome you want. This assessment will help you and the officer consider and agree reasonable steps to prevent homelessness.
- Section 66 Duty to prevent homelessness - This will be done by both you and your Housing Solutions Officer carrying out the reasonable steps agreed. These actions will be completed over the next 56 days. There are a number of ways this duty will be brought to an end which include; you are no longer threatened with homelessness, you have become homeless or you have failed to cooperate with the personal housing plan agreed to prevent homelessness.
- Section 73 Duty to relieve homelessness and help secure accommodation - If you are homeless now, or the work to prevent homelessness has not been successful, we will continue to work with you for a further 56 days to help relieve your homelessness. This may include providing you with interim accommodation under Section 68, depending on your individual circumstances. There are a number of ways this duty will be brought to an end which include; all reasonable steps have been explored, you are no longer homeless, you have failed to cooperate with the personal housing plan agreed to relieve homelessness.
- Section 68 Duty to provide interim accommodation - For those who are eligible, homeless and have a priority need for housing.
- Section 75 Duty to secure accommodation - The final and absolute duty for applicants who are eligible, homeless, have a priority need for housing, are unintentionally homeless and have a local connection to Conwy.